1:1 Fund Ends Robust Year of Growth with Giving Tuesday
Today is Giving Tuesday. For many nonprofit organizations, that marks the start of the charitable giving season running through the end of the year. The 1:1 Fund, Prosperity Now’s online platform to help fundraise for children’s savings account (CSA) programs, has had its two most successful days on Giving Tuesday. Last year, 11 1:1 Fund partners raised nearly $100,000 in donations. In 2016, seven partners raised nearly $70,000.
This year’s Giving Tuesday comes at the end of a year full of highlights for 1:1 Fund partners:
- Promise Indiana raised $83,202 during the June Graduation Campaign, the largest amount ever raised by a 1:1 Fund partner in a single campaign.
- Springboard to Opportunities hosted a 5K Race for Our Community with more than 200 community members, raising more than $34,000 for initial deposits into CSAs.
- Four Partners for Youth Opportunity savers were featured in an award-winning documentary about an internship experience in Ocracoke Island (NC) to learn how local journalists engage with their community.
- The 1:1 Fund grew to 18 partners nationwide with the recent addition of SEED Success and KC Scholars, both in Missouri.
Today, 13 of our partners are participating in Giving Tuesday, and you can find their individual donation pages below. All day long on Giving Tuesday, the 1:1 Fund is offering a dollar-for-dollar match of $500 per donor, with a cap of $4,000 in total matches per partner. Please support these impressive local children’s savings initiatives through large and small donations.
- College Dreams (Grants Pass, OR)
- College Kids (St. Louis, MO)
- El Monte Promise Foundation (El Monte, CA)
- “I Have A Dream” Foundation (National and Des Moines, IA)
- Inversant (Boston, MA)
- KC Scholars (Kansas City, MO)
- Kindergarten to College (San Francisco, CA)
- Lansing SAVE (Lansing, MI)
- Oakland Promise (Oakland, CA)
- Oklahoma Native Assets Coalition (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Promise Indiana (Wabash, IN)
- Providence Promise (Providence, RI)
- SEED Success (Columbia, MO)
To support all of the 1:1 Fund’s program partners, you can also make a tax-deductible contribution to the National Match Pool. Donations to the 1:1 Fund’s National Match Pool are used to match the contributions of local donors to 1:1 Fund partners and help encourage additional giving during quarterly fundraising campaigns.
For the latest on CSA fundraising and more opportunities to give, sign up for the 1:1 Fund.