Reaching Community Members with Sustained Debt Earlier: A Human-Centered Design Project from the Smart Growth Innovation Program
How many times have you wished that clients reached out sooner to your coaching or counseling program, before they were threatened by collections calls, garnishments or bankruptcy? Over the past year, a group of credit counseling agencies worked together through the Smart Growth Innovation Program with Prosperity Now and Capital One to explore this question.
Join us for a webinar on Tuesday, December 3, 2019 from 1:00 – 2:30 EST to learn how they applied methods from consumer research and human-centered design to create a promotional campaign aimed at drawing in people with debt when their balances are no longer going down. In this webinar, representative from the group will share the methods utilized, insights learned and the designed campaign. They’ll also share how they are piloting the campaign and how you can keep in touch about the results. We hope you’ll leave inspired to innovate with practices that build empathy, creative confidence and persistence in trial and error.
- Jamie Lutton, Senior Manager, Community Development, Capital One
- Joel Doelger, Director of Community Relations & Housing Counseling, CCOA
- Chad Rieflin, Director of Programs and Grants, CCCS of Rochester
- Sarah Brown, Deputy Director, OnTrack Financial Education & Counseling
- Richard Reeve, Director of Financial Education, CCCS of Savannah
- Spectra Myers, Associate Director, Applied Research, Prosperity Now
NOTE: This webinar is free, but advanced registration is required. Please register today!