2019 VITACon will bring together more than 100 community tax preparation leaders to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the VITA program and build relationships among VITA practitioners, advocates, tax industry leaders, policymakers, researchers, and funders. Participants will learn about and share practices, innovations and challenges in the tax preparation field, including strategies for integrating financial capability services in tax sites, building VITA coalitions, cutting edge innovations in site administration, promoting emergency savings at tax time, and improving marketing and outreach to engage more low-income taxpayers.
The two-day program will feature a reception celebrating the 50th anniversary of the VITA program, a series of workshops and break-out sessions, a networking breakfast, and a networking lunch. Session topics will be shaped by input from the Steering Committee and working groups of the Taxpayer Opportunity Network as well as our national partners, with an intense focus on practitioner learning. Below are examples of the topics that may be covered during the conference:
- Understanding and navigating the scope of services provided at VITA sites.
- Volunteer management practices: recruitment, training, recognition and management.
- Implementing creative service delivery methods to increase programmatic reach to underserved communities.
- Forging strategic partnerships to complement VITA services.
- Federal, state, and local policy developments that impact low-to-moderate income households.
You can find the powerpoints to each of the two days below:
Check out the attendee list here!
History Colorado Center in Denver, CO
September 10 - 11, 2019
Check out the event reflection summaries below: