2019 VITACon will bring together more than 100 community tax preparation leaders to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the VITA program and build relationships among VITA practitioners, advocates, tax industry leaders, policymakers, researchers, and funders. Participants will learn about and share practices, innovations and challenges in the tax preparation field, including strategies for integrating financial capability services in tax sites, building VITA coalitions, cutting edge innovations in site administration, promoting emergency savings at tax time, and improving marketing and outreach to engage more low-income taxpayers.
The two-day program will feature a reception celebrating the 50th anniversary of the VITA program, a series of workshops and break-out sessions, a networking breakfast, and a networking lunch. Session topics will be shaped by input from the Steering Committee and working groups of the Taxpayer Opportunity Network as well as our national partners, with an intense focus on practitioner learning. Below are examples of the topics that may be covered during the conference:
- Understanding and navigating the scope of services provided at VITA sites.
- Volunteer management practices: recruitment, training, recognition and management.
- Implementing creative service delivery methods to increase programmatic reach to underserved communities.
- Forging strategic partnerships to complement VITA services.
- Federal, state, and local policy developments that impact low-to-moderate income households.
The draft agenda can be found via this link.
History Colorado Center in Denver, CO
September 10 - 11, 2019
2747 Wyandot St, Denver, CO 80211
10-min car ride
1776 Grant St, Denver, CO 80203
20-min walk; 4 min car ride
550 15th St, Denver, CO 80202
11-min car ride
240 Josephine St, Denver, CO 80206
10-min car ride