I'M HOME Lead Organizations
I'M HOME Network membership has two tiers—General Membership and Lead Organization Membership—and often partners with a group of key social ventures, policy advocates and funders. General Membership is open to any individual interested in staying informed or contributing to the national dialogue about manufactured housing as a source of affordable housing.
Lead Organizations include a core group of organizations with a demonstrated commitment to I'M HOME's mission. In addition to the benefits accessible to General Members, Lead Organizations may access responsive technical assistance from Prosperity Now and other national partners, heightened visibility on the national stage, scholarships to attend Prosperity Now events. Lead Members may also influence and shape the direction of the I'M HOME Network through working groups and one-on-one interactions with Prosperity Now staff.
The I'M HOME Network is made possible by our Network Lead Organizations, who are putting wealth within reach for more families by making manufactured housing an attractive and affordable homeownership option. Select icons on the map below to learn more about and connect with these leaders.
Lead Organization Benefits & Opportunities to Contribute
- Access to responsive technical assistance. All Lead Organizations can access responsive phone and email technical assistance on issues such as using Prosperity Now's online resources, locating data, developing communications materials or analyzing policy. In addition, through Prosperity Now's partnership with the National Consumer Law Center (NCLC), Lead Organizations may access direct technical assistance from legal staff at NCLC with extensive experience developing and advocating for state-level manufactured housing policy reform.
- Influence Prosperity Now's programmatic and policy agendas. Lead Organizations are eligible to participate in working groups, such as the monthly Manufactured Housing Policy Partners conference calls, to inform the I'M HOME policy agenda and contribute to strategy development. Other working or learning groups may be developed based on demand from the needs of the Network.
- Priority consideration for partnership opportunities. In every area of the I'M HOME initiative—policy, finance, community preservation and new or affordable development—we often pursue special projects in partnership with practitioners on the ground. As they arise, such opportunities will be reserved for I'M HOME Lead Organizations.
- Be eligible for scholarships to attend I'M HOME events. Lead Organizations are eligible for special pricing and to apply for scholarships or stipends to attend in-person events such as the annual I'M HOME Conference.
- Connect with other Lead Organizations by participating in a Lead Members listserv. Lead Organizations can ask questions of peers, suggest working group ideas and share information on the listserv.
What is required of Lead Organizations?
The only requirement of Lead Members is that they submit a brief annual summary of their manufactured housing-related activities to help shape I'M HOME's understanding of the field and the contributions to its development made by key network members. On a case-by-case basis, we also expect Lead Organizations to respond to requests from other Network Members or National Partners for peer advice or insight from the field.
There is no cost associated with Lead Organization Membership.
How do Lead Organizations join the Network?
Periodically, organizations will be invited to join as Lead Members by Prosperity Now's I'M HOME team and asked to complete a summary of their activity over the past year.
How long is the membership term? How does a Lead Organization renew?
Organizations commit to joining as Lead Members for one year. At the end of that term, Lead Members will be invited to renew by submitting a brief update about their activity over the past year.
Questions? Contact Prosperity Now's I'M HOME Team at email@example.com.
Lead Organization Successes
Our 2015 Lead Organizations have been busy supporting manufactured housing as affordable housing. Check out this infographic to learn about the exciting work they've done in the past year.